What does the latest research on Vitamin D say? Subscribe to NutritionFacts.org’s free newsletter to receive an infographic summary of the main takeaways and Dr. Greger’s recommendations:
DESCRIPTION: If one is going to make an evolutionary argument for what a “natural” vitamin D level may be, how about getting vitamin D in the way nature intended: sun instead of supplements?
Yes, we can get some of the benefits of sun exposure without the risks by taking vitamin D supplements, but for the sake of argument, what if such supplements didn’t exist? Would the benefits of sun exposure outweigh the risks? That’s the subject of the final installment of new latest-on-vitamin-D-science video series, The Risks and Benefits of Sensible Sun Exposure (
To see the first four, check out:
• Do Vitamin D Supplements Help with Diabetes, Weight Loss, and Blood Pressure (
• Will You Live Longer if You Take Vitamin D Supplements? (
• How Much Vitamin D Should You Take? (
• The Optimal Dose of Vitamin D Based on Natural Levels (
Here’s that video about that amazing chlorophyll activation: How to Regenerate Coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10) Naturally (
What do greens and beets have to do with artery function? Check out some of my latest videos on the wonders of nitrate-rich vegetables:
• Whole Beets vs. Juice for Improving Athletic Performance (
• Oxygenating Blood With Nitrate-Rich Vegetables (
• “Veg-Table” Dietary Nitrate Scoring Method (
• Slowing Our Metabolism with Nitrate-Rich Vegetables (
Have a question for Dr. Greger about this video? Leave it in the comment section at and he’ll try to answer it!
Image Credit: Kenny Louie via flickr.
• Podcast :
• Facebook: www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Instagram: www.instagram.com/nutrition_facts_org
• Books (including the NEW How Not to Diet Cookbook):